As we move through eclipse season in the signs of Venus-ruled Taurus and Scorpio with as much grace as we can muster, Venus receives a much needed dose of reality.
Mercury went retrograde on May 10th in its home sign of Gemini and will later revert back into Taurus on the 22nd. As is true with all Mercury retrogrades, this one especially is a moment to take a mental step back, expect delays, and think before you act. Make all efforts to slow down mental activity as mental clarity is at an all time low.
On the 15th (or the wee hours of the morning of the 16th) we have a Total Lunar Eclipse in Scorpio as well as a conjunction of Venus to the wounded healer Chiron. Prepare for wounds that have scabbed over to re-open. These energies invite a revisit to an emotional pain that you have buried down because accessing it brings too much instability, discomfort, and disequilibrium. Trust that this wound is the lesson that when mastered will step you deeper into a place of knowing not only exactly how to heal yourself, but also how to help heal others.
Your wounds can be your greatest teachers if you allow them.
Because this Full Moon Eclipse happens in the signs of sexuality (Scorpio Moon) and sensuality (Taurus Sun) sexual energies run rampant. Old sexual patterns and power games we play through our sexuality get re-examined. You get to release toxic patterns in your relationships, especially those where sex is the glue to a toxic bond that has run its course.
Suggested crystals to work with:
- Obsidian - The shadow worker stone herself. Obsidian aids in moving through old karmic patterns and stuck subconscious energies stored in the body.
- Rose Quartz - The crystal of unconditional love and relationships. She is a gentle reminder of the universal cosmic essence we are all made up of: love
Scorpio rules the sexual organs, reproductive system, pelvis & large intestine and Taurus rules the ears, neck, nose, and throat. You are being asked to sensually ground all the sexual energies at play and to step into a deeper place of intimacy with yourself and your partner.
The best way to activate & tame these sexual energies is NOT to go straight for the internal yoni or lingam massage, but rather explore your and your partner's external body.
Allow yourself to slow down and enjoy the simple pleasure of being touched and only touched (and also touching!). Experiment abstaining from intercourse and internal play during one of your sessions and instead explore the eroticism of cuddling and massages, especially around the genital areas, pelvic floor, earlobes, neck and throat. Build up the internal orgasmic pleasure with foreplay that grows in intensity and intimacy equally.
YONI ACTIVATION RITUALS
The following rituals can be done solo or in partnership. The key here is to ground the emotional body through the senses. The astrology invites you to explore extreme sensations with security, comfort, and grounding. Create a sacred space in your playroom by lighting some candles, burning incense, placing an altar, & playing sexy music.
- Yoni Play: Work with obsidian yoni wands to explore new crevices in your yoni. Set the intention to uncover something new about your sexual organs that you didn’t know before. Use the tools to go on a quest to find your G-spot, give yourself a cervical orgasm. Connect to your obsidian yoni wands by holding it in your hands and getting centered on your intention for your session. Bring the wand to your heart and declare your intentions out loud activating your throat chakra. Then begin by gently using the wand to explore the body, gently caressing various areas, making your way to the pelvic floor. As suggested above, spend as much time as you can muster activating your yoni from the outside, preparing her for internal play. Allow your mind to drift into focus of your sensations, allow your emotional body to move through whatever feelings come up.
- Butt play: Use the obsidian or rose quartz butt plug to explore new sensations that may be unfamiliar to you. If you are new to butt play, the thought of inserting anything in this region might either excite you or scare you! With these cosmic energies come a great opportunity for you to find pleasure through the discomfort to reach a new expanded level of comfort. If you're looking for a deeper emotional release, go with the obsidian. For a gentler more compassionate experience, use the rose quartz.
- Eye gazing: Intimacy isn't only about getting naked and having corporal fun. It's about establishing a bond with yourself or others that transcends time and space. Sit with a partner face-to-face or with yourself in front of a mirror if solo, and practice eye gazing for 5 minutes straight. No talking, no touching. Only gazing into each other's eyes (or your own). Try not to let your eyes wander too much and stay focused on your partner (or self). If you've never done this before, you'll quickly learn that 5 minutes can feel like an eternity. You can build up to 5 minutes by doing a minute or two at a time. If you can go longer (or indefinitely, go for it!) After the gazing, share authentically and vulnerably about your experience with your partner. If solo, journal about it.
- Tantric Breathing: Activate your throat-to-yoni connection with breathwork. You can practice this breath on its own for about 15 minutes, or incorporate this breathing technique during your play sessions. Breathe in through your nose and exhale audibly through your mouth. The key here is to MAKE A SOUND! Release judgement and be as loud or as quiet as your body feels called. Moan, groan, sigh, whatever it is, vocalize your exhales. Notice the throat-pelvic floor connection strengthening with every new breath.
Remember, this upcoming Full Moon is a total eclipse too. The energies are more powerful, more felt, and longer-lasting. The focus lies on releasing karma, releasing control, releasing power and manipulative tendencies that keep you stuck in negative patterns.
Astrologer and Writer
Vanessa Kristina, founder of Mystik Monark, helps Mystik Misfits to uncover their Divine Purpose and shine light on their shadows through a no-BS spiritual counseling approach. Mystik Monark's mission is to connect Society to Divinity, one soul at a time.
As an Evolutionary Astrologer & Akashic Records Practitioner, Vanessa guides clients out of the existential spiritual closet and through dark nights of the soul so that they can unlock authentic expression and create their dream lives to experience the freedom, joy, and abundance of their soul-selves, through her signature Inner Mystik Mastery program. As a former corporate attorney, she integrates pragmatic actionable guidance with esoteric wisdom, inspiring a deep inner standing of who we are and who we came here to be.
Leave a comment