Fall Back in Like
We have made it to autumn, to a new ingress of a new cardinal sign: Libra. It is officially Venus-ruled Libra season. Marking this new chapter, the New Moon in Libra occurring in a mere two days on September 25th, features a very active Venus who gifts us a much desired energetic shift to light and love.
Take a deep sigh of relief because the worst of Virgo season is *almost* over. Venus will remain in Virgo for another few days until she too joins the Libran love fest on the 29th.
Venus will be opposing Neptune on the 24th, trining Pluto on the 25th, conjuncting Mercury (who is still retrograde) on the 26th, and opposing Jupiter on October 1st. Whew! So what does it all mean???
All of this interplanetary activity with Venus tells us she enters the new lunar cycle being pulled in many different directions, and thus our relationships are undergoing the same scrutiny.
We have already been under the influence of a confusing astrological fog with all the retrograding. Our relationships with our lovers, with our friends, with our families, haven't been clear. There's much that has been brought to light in them that has us questioning and confused about where we stand. Pay close attention to potential deception in your relationship. Have you fallen in love with an idea of who a person is? Or with the person themselves?
Communication will become easier to engage with as the moon waxes and cycle grows. Ultimately we are bound for profound transformations in these very relationships. You will experience the fruits of them at the beginning of October.
Libra, the zodiac sign marked by the scales, is all about balance, beauty, and yup, relationships. Misunderstood as a vain and superficial energy, Libra calls in our collective yearning for the aesthetic, for it is through witnessing beautiful objects that we are called forth to harmony.
Libra calls us into our relational energy with the external world and thus with each other. It reigns over the dynamic of our relationships, particularly those relationships with people who play such an important character in the story of our lives that they help define who we are. All the people in your life you deeply like, whom you enjoy being around, who you share quality time, stories, and laughs with, are Libran relationships.
What is out of balance in your relationships will be highlighted, calling you into a deeper reflection of what you get to bring to the table in your relationships so that no party is sacrificing anything for the sake of the other.
ASTROLOGICAL ACTIVATION EMBODIMENT RITUALS
Libra is connected to the kidneys and the endocrine system in our bodies. As such, the suggested crystals to work with will focus on the balancing of the physical body as well as healing heart chakra, the center of our bodies that governs our relationships with one another and with the self.
Suggested crystals to work with:
- Nephrite Jade: Powerful physical healer, strengthens & soothes the nervous system bringing emotional balance, stability & well-being. Connection with the kidneys and boots sexual chi energy, empowering orgasmic energy.
- Rose Quartz: Helps attract love & romance into your life. Releases worry, heals all aspects of the heart & facilitates forgiveness. Amplifies self-love & care.
LIBRA NEW MOON ACTIVATION EMBODIMENT RITUALS
The following rituals can be done solo or in partnership. Where appropriate, create a sacred space in your playroom by lighting candles, burning incense, setting up an altar with your yoni wands and yoni eggs, & playing devotional music.
- New Moon Ritual: New moons are always the time to set your intentions for manifestation on the next lunar cycle. In your sacred space, take a moment to reflect and journal about what you would like to create in the next month. Grab your choice of yoni egg and sitting in front of your altar, begin a journaling sessions reflecting on the following prompts:
- Where am I losing/have I lost myself to my relationships?
- What does having a "10" relationship in my life look like?
- Which areas of my life do I feel imbalanced? What can I do and what can I call in, to restore harmony in these areas?
- Have I been sacrificing my needs for the sake of others?
- Where in my life am I experiencing injustice? Where am I being unfair?
- What do I want my new relationship to look like? OR What new aspects can be brought forth into my current relationship?
- Yab Yum Meditation: An oldie, but goodie. The yab yum tantric position is a classic one meant for deep connection with one another. It restores balance within each other and within the self as it is a physical embodiment of the masculine and feminine energies coming together. It creates intimacy and connection.
Have the man sitting cross-legged on the floor and the woman sitting on his lap with her legs wrapped around his torso and lower back. Place your Rose Quartz Yoni Wand in between the two of you holding it up with your bellies. Touch your foreheads together and close your eyes. In silence, take a few moments to get centered on your own breath first and then each other's breath, allowing your breaths to guide you and eventually synchronizing them together. Allow this to naturally evolve into opening your eyes and eye gazing for a few moments, keeping the synchronized breath.
When you both feel complete, open the container to authentic shares about your experience with one another, maintaining the balance and peace created within both you. You can then move from this exercise into love-making if that feels good.
If solo, I invite you to do this same practice on the floor facing the mirror. Use your reflection as your "partner." Allow yourself to share with yourself, eye gaze into your own self, etc.
- Fall Back in Like: Libra loves love. It's that energy that you experience at the onset of a new relationship. When you deeply crush on your counterpart, when you realize you really really like someone. New love feels different than old love. The invitation here is to freshen your relationships with lovers or friends, whom you deeply love, but who also feel like, well, old news. You love them, sure, but do you like them? What could you do to fall back in like with them?
Go on playdates, have a long walk in the park, go to an art museum together. You can also take yourself out on a date, do something you absolutely love doing that you haven't done in a long time. Libra invites us to be in the state where things feel good because they're in harmony.
- Get Artistic: Bring balance and harmony into your life and into your home by playing artist. Whether that means having a playdate with some friends where you gather to paint or arts & craft together, go shopping for beautiful pieces to redesign your home, or revamp your social feeds with posting new photos of you from a treat-yourself-photoshoot, make your world more beautiful! Beauty is often overlooked as a healing tool. When our external surroundings are beautiful, we experience internal peace and balance. Play with this!
Astrologer and Writer
Vanessa Kristina, founder of Mystik Monark, helps Mystik Misfits to uncover their Divine Purpose and shine light on their shadows through a no-BS spiritual counseling approach. Mystik Monark's mission is to connect Society to Divinity, one soul at a time.
As an Evolutionary Astrologer & Akashic Records Practitioner, Vanessa guides clients out of the existential spiritual closet and through dark nights of the soul so that they can unlock authentic expression and create their dream lives to experience the freedom, joy, and abundance of their soul-selves, through her signature Inner Mystik Mastery program. As a former corporate attorney, she integrates pragmatic actionable guidance with esoteric wisdom, inspiring a deep inner standing of who we are and who we came here to be.